Cherry Grove Beach in North Myrtle Beach is where the Intracoastal Waterway meets the Ocean. It’s breathtaking. Winter is my favorite time at the beach. It’s so peaceful. You’re completely detached from every day worries, free to think, watch and just breathe.
Some come to fish from the famous Cherry Grove Pier, home to world record catches (i.e. 1780 lbs Tiger Shark), others for kayaking and bicycling. Most spend time collecting shells or hunting for treasures. I’m just happy to be there.
Where to stay at Cherry Grove Beach
Prince Resort it’s right at the pier and one of the best kept secrets in North Myrtle Beach as far as ocean front accommodations. You can enjoy luxurious lodging for $60 a night!
We stayed there twice in a brand new 2BR/2BA/huge balcony oceanfront condo featuring king master bed, large kitchen equipped with top of the line appliances, modern furniture, sparkling bathroom fixtures with enough towels to please an entire football team. We were right at pool floor so we indulged in the hot bubbling water while gazing at the blue ocean waters and the people on the pier.…
Tip! Book your condo over the phone to get best deals possible.
What to do at the beach
• Pier fishing at the 985 foot Cherry Grove Pier. Bait, tackle, rods rentals are available at the pier shop. All day pass is $1.50 (free if you are lodged at the Prince Resort).
• Bicycling. The flat, sturdy and half mile wide beach is ideal for cycling and stroller walking.
• Jogging, walking, shells collecting, and my favorite, photographing.
Fun family activities in and around Cherry Grove
Here is a customized Google Map with all the attractions
• Play golf at Black Pearl, a pirate themed mini-gold park featuring a life size buccaneers ship replica.
• Go to Barefoot Landing for down to earth shopping and entertainment
- Alligator Adventure, home to hundreds of alligators, turtles, snakes and Utan, the largest crocodile on display in North America ($18, live feedings start in April)
- The incredible T.I.G.E.R.S Preservation where you can pet tiger cubs, and
- The funny spooky Mirror Maze extravaganza ($8)
• Spark your kids imagination at the Children Museum ($7) and go wild with the sharks inside the Ripley Aquarium ($19) at Broadway at the Beach
• Tour the most decorated WWII battleship, The “Showboat” North Carolina ($12) and come close to the world’s rarest and most venomous snakes at Cape Fear Serpentarium ($8) - 45 minutes drive to Wilmington NC
• See some of the world’s weirdest creatures at Waccatee Zoo ($7) - 30 minutes drive south
• Scuba dive through Civil War and WWII ship wrecks, natural and artificial reefs patrolled by barracudas, stingrays, turtles and many more marine creatures! (starts at $75)
Where to eat
Prince Resort offers breakfast buffet daily from 6:30 to 11 AM for $7.50 ($5 for children). We took advantage of our wonderfully equipped kitchen and cooked at home. There is an IGA grocery store one block from the resort.
There are several seafood, pizza and breakfast restaurants nearby. Here is a Google list with the map and users reviews.
Popularity: 15% [?]
K1 thru K8:
Filed Under: Alligator Adventure, Biking, Boating and Fishing, Canoe and Kayak, Free Things to Do, Myrtle Beach, Sunset Beach NC, Swimming, Videos and Photos, Walking and Jogging
Tags: cheap family activities Cherry Grove North Myrtle, cheap great places to stay cherry grove myrtle, cherry grove beach photos, Cherry Grove fishing pier, exciting outdoor activities near Sunset Beach, free things to do north myrtle beach, fun stuff for kids at cherry grove, Prince Resort accomodations prices discounts, when and where to go Carolina beaches