They’ve put the “C” in Cool. I haven’t had so much fun playing in years!
This is the first children museum I had to be politely reminded by the staff that is time to go, the museum is now closed…I was not alone. Moms, dads and even grannies lined up to get a piece of the action at the blockbusters NASA and Formula 1 video games and the live performance and recording studio.
The brand-new Children’s Museum is conveniently located downtown next to the Museum of Art, The Little Theater and the new Public Library. Admission is $12 for everyone (free for kids under 1) and the museum is open Monday to Saturday 9AM - 5PM and Sunday 1 - 5PM.
Things to know before you go
• Pricey but well worth it. As of now there are no discounts and no reciprocity admission with other museums in the country. Save Money! Two persons can get in for just $2, on designated Tuesdays, from 5 to 7PM.
• Expect to spend 3 to 4 hours to go through all the exhibits. To enjoy them to the fullest visit during the week or as soon as the museum opens since is less crowded.
• Kids are immediately drawn to the art deco climbing structure. Well designed, safe and transparent it gives a fun hearty start your family adventure.
• Parking spaces are limited in front of the museum. However in the weekend you can park for free in the lot behind The Little Theater adjacent to Children’s Museum.
• If your kid made a cartoon or performed in the live studio you can get the DVD for $3 (includes both activities)
Fun stuff for boys, dads and grandpas
• Race a Formula one car
• Build an entire city
• Blast off into space or land a space shuttle airplane
• Get digested into a giant stomach
• Shake hands with a friendly skeleton
• Write with a laser pen
• Test your rock climbing skills
Fun stuff for girls, moms and grannies
• Be a pop star and make your own cool video in a real TV Studio
• Shop in a modern real-life BI-LO supermarket
• Decorate your own wedding cake
• Make your own paper plane and race it
• Dance inside a wind tunnel
• Show off your acrobatic browns by flying in a chair
• Be creative in the Arts room
Fun stuff for babies and toddlers
• Make your own animation movie
• Cook dinner, pick up vegetables, gather eggs and ride a horse at the farm
• Splash about at the Lily Pond
• Drive a mini crane or a recycling bus
• Be a doctor at the Teddy Bear Clinic
• Brush the teeth of a super mouth
You can be anything at The Children’s Museum of the Upstate!
Popularity: 15% [?]
K1 thru K8:
Filed Under: Charlotte, Children Museums, Greenville, Greenville Falls Park, Greenville TCM, Greenville Zoo, Videos and Photos
Tags: Anderson Spartanburg Grier family attractions, best children museum in US, best school day trips dowtown Greenville, Children museum exhibits pictures, cool kids activities in the Upstate, fun educational Greenville entertainment, Greenville activities under $15, Greenville cool places to visit with children, Greenville indoor family adventures, top weekend things to do in Greenville, what's fun for grownups at TCM, what's fun for kids in Greenville, where to take kids in Greenville